JADE is published in April, August and December, with three issues in each volume.
JADE is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search Premier
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature)
- Index Copernicus
- ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center)
- High Beam Research Library
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Info Trac)
- Professional Development Collection
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Psyc INFO
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Google Scholar (search using Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education for best results)
- Ask.com (search using Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education for best results)
In 2001, the Journal Citation Index reported a journal impact factor of 0.0838 and the number of journal citations were 118. The paper acceptance rate averages 35%. In more recent years, the index Copernicusreported a journal impact factor of 3.89 in 2007 and 2008; 3.88 in 2009 and 4.07 in 2010.